LASIK is a laser eye surgery procedure that corrects vision problems. Nearly half of the population experiences one or more of the following eye conditions:
- Myopia—near vision is clear while distance vision is blurry. This is also called nearsightedness.
- Hyperopia—distance vision is clear while near vision is blurry; with higher degrees of hyperopia both near and distance vision may be blurry. This is also called farsightedness.
- Astigmatism—vision is blurry at all distances due to an abnormally shaped cornea.
- Presbyopia—the eye’s ability to focus at different distances is impaired. This is due to aging eyes.
Call 505-323-0800 to discuss your vision correction options today or contact us online & schedule a consultation.
LASIK is the most commonly performed laser surgery worldwide. It is a highly technology-driven procedure, and the continued evolution of LASIK technology has made it an incredibly safe and increasingly accurate procedure. Advancements in technology have greatly reduced the potential for side-effects, and enabled very precise outcomes, with remarkably predictable improvement in vision. The newest of these technologies include Custom Wavefront treatments in combination with the very latest blade-free technology.
- Wavefront mapping allows for an extremely accurate 3-dimensional assessment of an individual’s corneal surface. This technology can detect very subtle irregularities of the cornea that can then be corrected with a customized wavefront treatment. Wavefront treatments aren’t necessary in every individual, but are particularly valuable for those patients whose eyes have greater amounts of corneal irregularity.
The decision to have Laser eye surgery is an important one. Take your time, ask questions, and make sure that your laser eye surgery doctor offers the very safest and best technology available, as well as vision correction options other than LASIK. Albuquerque LASIK eye surgery is a wonderful procedure for many people, but it isn’t appropriate for everyone. Other options may be available that better fit your particular visual needs.
Dr. Bernitsky is an experienced Albuquerque, New Mexico eye surgery doctor who can help you achieve your vision goals with the eye surgery that is best for your eyes. He stays up-to-date on the latest technology in vision correction to provide his patients with the customized care and precise results they deserve. Dr. Bernitsky provides vision correction surgeries, including LASIK, PRK, lens placement surgery (ICL), and lens replacement (IOL) surgery in Albuquerque.